The Windows version requires 64-bit Windows 10 or 11. We will keep version 8.80.1 available for those few people still running 32-bit Windows 10.
The Mac version requires macOS 11 (Big Sur) or 12 (Monterey) on Intel or Apple Silicon. We will keep version 8.75.2 available for people running macOS 10.15 or earlier.
The Linux version is 64-bit only. We will keep version 8.80 available for people running 32-bit Linux.
It is free to existing users : it will recognise your license key and you shouldn't need to enter it again.
Please let me know of any problems you find.
- Windows: we now include GStreamer as part of xscsetup.exe, not requiring a separate install. We already did this for the Mac in version 9.1.
- MIDI: we now offer another way of using continuous controllers, where you can "Select Response Type" - "Commands". This means that Transcribe! commands can be generated every time a specific value is seen from the control. This is useful with controllers that have a "relative" or "endless" mode. Click the Help button in the relevant dialog for more info.
- We now allow Import/Export of EQ presets (to a text file). This is for transferring presets to a different computer. Also you can now rename EQ presets, which wasn't possible before.
- New command "Fit Text Zone Height" on the Text menu. It adjusts the window height so that all the text blocks are shown.
- Mac: if you have transcription windows open in different Spaces, then pressing the Fx button will show the Fx window in the Space you are on (rather than switching to the Space where the Fx window already was).
- New command TextBlockNewCurrent which places it at the current point always. You will need to program a keyboard shortcut to use it.
- Various other minor changes and bug fixes.